- Vendor Qualification
- Quality Check Procedure
- Case Study
- RMA Procedure
Quality Check Procedure
- Check the outside packing (normally in carton), for the integrity and clearance of the labels. Make sure the Brand, P/N, D/C, Qty, and RoHS Status is in accordance with the customer P/O.
- If the outside packing is missing, check the inside sealed packing.
- In case of any breakage or damage, inform the customer in the first place. Only upon customer's approval can the sealed packing be opened and further inspection be done on the components.
A packing in good condition looks like this:
- Inspection of the IC surface must be thorough and detailed. The surface of IC must be clean and smooth, without refurbishing.
- The marking on the parts must be legible, with high consistency of the same part in the same packing, regardless that it's packed in tray, tube or tape.
- To be more specific, the logo, font, color and position of the marking is required to be exactly the same on every single part.
- The marking on parts, indicating P/N, D/C, Lot No. information, must be consistent with that on the label.
- Refer to the related datasheet for accuracy when a part number is printed incompletely on the part due to small part size.
For example, the marking on the surface of the part TOSHIBA2SC3121 shown below is ‘HC’, which is in compliance with that shown in the datasheet.
- The pins of parts must be orderly, neat and metal-polished. If there is any kind of oxidization, distortion or deformation, the part can be regarded as unqualified and should be returned.
The pictures below give examples under microscope:
Inspection of Solderability
- If components exceed shelf life, Solderability Test can be taken through the Dip-Solder method. The method is described as follows:
The pins will be put into tin solution for 3 seconds according to prescribed conditions and then taken out. If the moistened area of pins is larger than or equal to 95% of the total area put in solution, the component can be regarded as qualified for the solderability.
- If necessary, samples could be sent to specialized authorities, such as Guangzhou No.5 Electronics Institute for Solderability Test through the Wetting-Balance method.
- In the Solderability Test, a single unqualified piece in a lot expels the whole lot.
Inspection of MLCC
- In addition to visual inspection, for the parts from suppliers of or lower than B grade, 10 pieces (or any other designated quantity) of components can be taken out for sample treatment upon customer's approval.
- Inspection on pins is focused on Oxidization Test.
- The Multimeter is used for Capacitance Test.
- Advanced facilities will be applied to obtain more accurate parameters, such as the Dispersion Angle, ESR, Impedance and etc.
- Contact the manufacturers for Layer Test if necessary.
The below pictures show how a Layer Test of capacitors is carried out:
All goods' transactions in and out of Kitron International should be inspected with Quality Check List, recording the Quantity, D/C, Manufacturer, Part Number, Batch / Lot No., Packing, Marking and Inspection Date. In addition, pictures of goods are taken and for filing.